Thursday, April 18, 2013

Progressing

I had a bout of really strong contractions on Tuesday night that lasted for about 5 hours.  They started around 6pm and lasted until shortly after 11pm.  I was timing them and they did get to about 3-4 minutes apart, but then subsided again and spaced further out.  I decided to go into the doctor office on Wednesday to get checked out.  I am now 2cm dilated and 75% effaced.  The doctor is predicting that I will go into true labor sometime next week.  I am just hoping to make it through the weekend because my doctor will not be on call.  I really want my own doctor to deliver this baby since I've been through so much with this pregnancy.  On top of that, she is very supportive about attempting a VBAC.

Stephen brought up the carseats and Pack n Play.  I've got everything cleaned up and ready to go.

My grandmother is in the hospital.  I've been saying prayers that she will be alright.  Seems that her confusion has gotten worse.  I'm hoping that it clears, otherwise it sounds to me like she may have dementia that is progressing.  I fear that my grandfather won't be able to take care of her, and he is being very stubborn about getting help at home. 

I may be interviewing for another position - it depends on when it can be scheduled.  Hopefully it will be before the baby because I'm not sure I'll be able to do it within the first few weeks that I'm home nursing.

I am definitely feeling ready for this baby to come.  Now all he has to do is decide to arrive and be healthy when he pops out!  Doctor said "mark my words, your labor will be about 4 hours"  That would be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment