Sunday, April 28, 2013

38 weeks - where is my baby?

This morning marks 38 weeks.  I am in complete shock that I'm still pregnant...  At my last appt on thursday morning I was 3cm dilated and 90% effaced.  I fully expected to go into labor within the next 24 hours after that, especially considering it was a full moon.  Here I sit, 3 days later!  Last night contractions were 20-30 minutes apart all night long.  Right now, contractions are 9 minutes apart.  I am to call the doctor when they reach 5 min apart, or when my water breaks.  I've eaten spicy foods, done housework, walked around outside, etc.  all in an attempt to get things moving!  Don't get me wrong, I am thrilled that I've been able to carry this baby to term - but now am anxious and ready to hold the little guy and bring him home with me :)  This has been a really long journey.... I'm tired of sitting around the house and am growing more uncomfortable with each passing day.

Today is my brother's birthday and tomorrow is my husband's.  So if Nolan is born within the next 48 hours, he will share a birthday!  It wouldn't surprise me considering that Nathan shares his birthday with the date of my parent's anniversary.

In other news, I am still awaiting a date for my interview at the university.  What will stink is if they try to set it up for a date right after the baby is born.  I will be nursing, so it will be pretty hard to try to coordinate that when I won't have an overflow stash established for bottle feeding, and I was told that the interview would be an all day affair.



No comments:

Post a Comment